10 years in
This week marks the 10th year I’ve been out on my own. It’s crazy to think how fast ten years have passed since I decided to hang a shingle. In fact, I’ve put up a few. Here’s a list of businesses and projects I’ve launched or bought, and built since November 2008.
- Golf Lesson Advantage Card – This card allowed golfers discounts on golf lessons
- West Hall Media – Strategy, Copywriting and Content Development
- Triad Startups – Directory and resource highlighting talent and startups in the Triad of NC
- Online Brand Camp Podcast – Marketing podcast before podcasting was cool
- Golf Monocle – Real-time marketing tools for golf courses
- Magnetic Ideas – Digital marketing agency
- FanPack – Quarterly subscription box where your favorite celebrities shared their favorite products
- Ketch Statistics – Referral spam filter app for Google Analytics
- SneakerGrab – Flash auctions on Instagram for sneaker heads
- Re:work – Website optimization in 7 days
- Honestly – Marketing, advertising, design and software collaborative (honestly.co)
- Make Good Work Great – Workshop and speaking series focused on collaboration
- What’s in Season – Poster for NC Seafood availability (whatsinseason.co)
- Bold Notebooks – Info courses and notebooks for creators (boldnotebooks.com)
- Pttrns. – Design and inspiration resource for mobile UI (pttrns.com)
- Mastering Discovery – A handy guide for website discovery workshops (honestly.podia.com/discovery)
- CrewPay – Contractor payments made simple (paywithcrew.com)
- LOFT – Digital property management (poweredbyloft.com)
You can find more details on a few of these, here. And if you’d like to hear more, just hit reply.
Steve Martin once said, “Persistence is a great substitute for talent.”
This, combined with the great fortune of working with amazing collaborators and clients has made the journey rewarding and fun!