#102 The company questions
Happy Sunday, everyone.
What I’m Learning/Doing
As I think about the people and companies across Calm’s portfolio, I’ve been asking myself these questions.
- How will this work when we’re X times bigger? Is what we’re doing now sustainable?
- What are the points of friction internally (for our people) and externally (for our customers)? How can we eliminate them?
- What annoys our people about their business? What annoys our customers about our business?
- How can I improve my leaders’ confidence?
- Recruiting a new Engagement Lead
- Helping launch two new products, an e-commerce store and Shopify App
- Brought on sales advisor, Justin Ivy, as an official member of the team to lead the partner channel
- Focusing Adam on leveraging Slack communities to mine new opportunities
- Planning fundraising
- Possible enhanced QBO implementation with new business customer
- Brought on John Peele as the CEO
- 422 new members in last 30 days
- Hired its first product designer
Proteus Themes (proteusthemes.com)
- Proteus Themes is a WordPress/WooCommerce theme company Calm Capital acquired in June with friend and WP expert, David Morton.
- We’ve been getting to know all the systems and talk to customers but have a game plan for growth.
Until next time.
P.S. Love this new one from Pudding on how music is remembered - https://pudding.cool/2020/07/song-decay/
P.P.S. Enjoyed this new one from Google Design on what is good design - https://design.google/library/good-design/
P.P.P.S. - Been listening to the new one from Surfer Blood: https://www.kaninerecords.com/product/surfer-blood-carefree-theatre/