#97 The Leadership One
Tomorrow is Memorial Day here in the U.S. If you’re fortunate to take some time off, please do — take the time off.
What I’m Learning/Doing
Everything really does come down to leadership. While this is no surprise, and something I’ve told myself a thousand times, it continues to prove itself across any business, sports team and organization I’ve been a part of.
It’s the number one thing we talk about at Calm. How can we help the leaders lead and help them create environments where people can thrive?
For me personally, I’m finding one of the best things I can do to serve my teams is to be available and present.
And that’s not always easy, but the more I make it a priority, the better things go.
- We had our second “happiest hour” and the conversations are getting really good. Starting to see the group buy into the vision.
- May has picked up. We have 10 new deals in the pipeline, including a few “performance-based” ones we’re excited to experiment with.
- Preparing for a few new campaigns focused on local governments
- Expanding and leading with our 3-month quick start offering.
- Have 29 customers and 69 apps under management
- Exploring a new technology partner for payments
- Have an 8-week streak of at least 1% week over week growth
- Kickstarting some new customer acquisition experiments and recommitting to content marketing
- Consistently growing user base of +3-5% growth MoM
- Our “key person” expansion pilot is underway
- Lots of AWS work coming in
Until next time.
P.S. Honestly made a Memorial Day Playlist
P.P.S. This take and tool on note-taking looks interesting: https://roamresearch.com/
P.P.P.S. Well-executed digital design: https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2020/05/anamorphic-wave-aquarium-seoul/