#95 The More Alike
As we’ve begun to settle down and refocus ourselves, NFTF is back to its bi-monthly schedule.
What I’m Learning/Doing
On Friday, I attended Seth Godin’s Real Skills Conference with over 2,000 other people. I was impressed with how well organized and executed the “Zoom event” was.
After some housekeeping and a brief opening “keynote” by Seth, attendees were divided into groups by their birth month to be led into conversations with smaller break out groups of 4-6.
It reminded me of Greenville GROK years ago, where attendees broke into small groups and had deeper discussions.
The biggest takeaway is a reminder of how people are more alike than they are different. Regardless of country, creed, race or gender, most people have the same fears, tendencies and concerns — and the same desires to be encouraged, respected and to be understood.
Remembering this helps us bring more value to our customers, communities and families.
- Allison is off on maternity leave so I am back into more day-to-day responsibilities at Honestly for a season
- Focused effort on new business development
- Experimenting with a three-month trial subscription to build trust and lower the barrier to acquiring new customers
- Outreach to potential partners and collaborators
- Model building and acquisition exploration
- Solved a recurring AWS issue that took down the site
- In talks with new collaborators
Until next time.
P.S. Thought-provoking commentary by Ben Thompson on Andreessen’s “time to build” essay: https://stratechery.com/2020/how-tech-can-build/
P.P.S. Enjoying a test run of sleep improvement apphttps://www.risescience.com/
P.P.P.S. Along with a million other people, I watched and am enjoying “the Last Dance”