#87 The Pause Button
What I’m Learning/Doing
"Urgency is the root of all idiocy." ~ Jocelyn K. Glei
So many times, especially in the last few weeks, has this quote been pulled out of my swipe file as a reminder. It’s one of those axioms that “preaches well”. However, it’s much harder to practice.
As I look back at my biggest mistakes, they’ve almost all come because I’ve assessed incorrectly the urgency of the matter.
I’m much better now than I was ten years ago — but I still have a long way to go.
It’s amazing how hitting “pause” for even a few minutes to collect my thoughts can make a measurable difference.
- Continued work on improving processes and systems for delivery
- Lots of follow ups from before the holidays
- Organizing internal marketing efforts for the first time
- Had all the partners in Greensboro last week for a leadership meeting and Q1 planning
- Gave the green light to hire our next employee (Tech Lead) in Q1
- Continued experimentation to find predictable marketing channels
- In the middle of 1099 filing season, working with customers to handle their 1099-MISC filing
- Setting up meetings with financial institutions for possible collaboration
- Continued marketing experimentation
- Planning a rebuild of Pttrns.com
- Beginning next steps for Studio MVP
Until next time.
P.S. Pretty sweet archive of Apple marketing: https://www.applearchive.org/
P.P.S. I’ve enjoyed this Instagram account on travel: https://www.instagram.com/lodestarsanthology/
P.P.P.S. Fun little app that gives you a true sense of how munch you spend on subscriptions: http://www.bobbyapp.co/