#115 The trusty knower
Happy Sunday, everyone.
My dad and grandad used to have a saying for how to handle off-book decisions. They’d say:
“Trust your knower.”
This was their way of saying use your intuition.
So, I did. And for years, I never took the time to study where intuition comes from. I always thought of it as some abstract part of my sub-conscience.
Recently, I’ve been learning intuition can be (and is) learned. It’s a skill. It can be developed and refined. And the formula is pretty simple.
Intuition = Expertise + Experience.
In this equation, experience is defined as the repeated exposure to something and expertise is defined as the mastery of a craft.
There’s something freeing about framing intuition as dynamic instead of fixed. And it’s one more reason to keep learning and putting yourself out there.
Three Things to Ponder
- Your desire follows your attention
- Effective marketing transfers the spotlight from the company to its customers.
- Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That's the classic great entrepreneur. - Mohnish Pabrai
Three Things to Enjoy
- My kids love Mr. Beast. His videos are magnetic. Here’s a breakdown of his methods: How Mr Beast Turns Millions into Billions
- One of the spaces I’m keeping an eye on is NFTs (non-fungible tokens). Like the connection to 1k fans in this article from a16z: NFTs and a Thousand True Fans
- It’s pretty graphic but I love the name of this Instagram account: Nature is Metal
Until next time, friends.