#113 The super one
Happy Sunday, everyone.
Interestingly, NFTF has been published on several Super Bowl Sundays. And it is again this year.
So if you’re like me, you will be watching the ads as closely as the game. I know, I’m a nerd.
What will you be watching out for? I’m glad you asked.
- As Ogilvy said, “You cannot bore people into buying your product; you can only interest them in buying it.”
- Great marketing (which advertising is a component) takes risks and challenges the status quo.
- Some of the best ideas come as jokes. I want to see thinking that’s funny as possible.
- Another Ogilvy quote, “Tell the truth, but make the truth fascinating."
- Relevancy is at the heart of all good advertising.
- Ads should be smart without getting lost in the creative.
- I want to know what the company is selling and remember the name of the brand.
After the game, if you had a favorite, shoot me an email and let me know which one and why.
Three Things to Ponder
- For your customers, buying is scary . Make it feel safe.
- Sometimes an organization doesn’t need a solution; it just needs clarity. —Ben Horowitz
- Most people measure accomplishments like wealth, health, relationships, and more on a scale of 1-10 or 1-100. By changing the scale from 0-1, you remove worries, feelings of inadequacy, and self-recrimination, all while freeing yourself to be at your best. —Chamath Palihapitiya
Three Things to Enjoy
- A page of Ads - All the Super Bowl Ads
- A quick read - Bezos’ letter to Amazon employees
- A fun look back - 80’s interiors Instagram
Until next time, friends.