#149 The season of
Summer is here. This week forecasts four or five days of “feels like” 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. Out of nowhere, the melting season is upon us.
People and businesses go through seasons too.
Let’s start with the sowing season
- Give yourself away.
- Find out who your primary audience is. Listen and learn so you can solve their problems or find gaps in their needs.
- Invest in people, product/service development, and validation.
- Capture data and metrics that are valuable to your business.
Next is the gestation season
- Nurture and build trust.
- Create and share content that is valuable for your niche. Educate, entertain and encourage them.
- Deliver excellent customer service and communication. Be helpful and reliable.
- Go the extra mile. Do things that build your legend and lore.
Finally, reaping season
- Make it easy for customers to buy from you.
- Show up and work your butt off. You’ve done the hard work, now finish the race.
- Be thankful. You don’t need everybody, just the right ones.
- Give customers a megaphone to tell other people.
Remember, the one thing all seasons have in common is they will change. Know what season you’re coming out of, going into, or in the middle of by keeping a pulse on what’s happening in your industry and with your customers (They are your Almanac).
I’m constantly working on my mindset to appreciate the season I’m in and learn from it so I’m more prepared to go through it next time with better results. That’s how businesses grow.
Until next time.
P.S. One of the more interesting uses of copy AI I’ve seen: Summari
P.P.S. My kids find some cool videos: This hoop is better than you at basketball
P.P.P.S. Marty and I had the pleasure of being on the MicroAcquire podcast: Catch the episode here